Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Good-bye Doctor


Yesterday we had Alexandra's 9 month well visit. It was our last visit to our family pediatrician. (hopefully no one will get sick) It seemed like just yesterday that I was pregnant with Izabella and I had to fill out "new patient" paperwork. At the time I would have never guessed that by now I would have 3 little patients visiting that practice. Yesterday I also filled out a request for medical records to take with me in order to give to their new pediatrician, whomever that may be. As I have developed a strong and trusting relationship with their pediatrician(s) and the staff at the office , I am a little nervous about finding a new one. I often wonder if the new doctor will be as gentle and caring as the one that we are leaving. I realised that not only were they doctors and nurses, but they had become friends and very important ones at that. I completely trust them with the well-being of my children and in return they trusted my intuition as a mother. As we left the office I felt a little tug on my heartstrings. It was not only another thing to check off of my list, but it was yet another "good-bye".



No comments:

Post a Comment