Saturday, April 18, 2009

Since I've been extremely busy, I've decided to do a quick post to let all of you in on why I haven't posted in a while. It was my second week home and I'm back into the swing of things.
Here's a little of what's been going on around here.





We began our week with Kosta appearing TV early Sunday morning. It was a lot of fun to watch, his sense of humor is amazing. I did record it, however, not all of it. I missed the last half of the interview because I ran out of tape. Yes, I have an analog video camera so I'm still doing things the old fashioned way. You can hear Gigi barking and the kids whispering, it's classic.





As soon as he returned home that morning, we set off for a picnic. The weather was gorgeous, the kids played games and we enjoyed live music. Beautiful day.







Within the week, we explored in our yard. The weather has been so beautiful, we've already started to eat outside.









We celebrated Foti's fifth birthday. He brought his favorite lemon cake to school to share with friends and we had another waiting for him at home. I love that he wanted me to bake his cake!
I've noticed that the figs have already started to grow.

Our lilacs are in full bloom.






Asproula is happy here. We are keeping her. Kosta was out shopping one day and he came home with a collar. She's ours. She loves it here and we love her. The nicest part of this whole story is that she chose us. We're lucky.


The kithonia(quince) trees have blossomed. Out of all of the fruit trees that we have, these are my favorite blossoms.


We've had a few visitors and have seen a lot of our neighbors, especially since the weather has been so nice. We've been lucky enough to receive a lot of gifts this week. What gifts?
Well, when you live here it's typical to give and receive on a regular basis. For instance, if a neighbor has extra eggs from their chickens, they usually share them. I like to give my lemons to the neighbors and friends since none of them have their own lemon trees. In Milwaukee I have excellent neighbors that share as well, it's just that none on them have chickens! I'm so thankful for all of the generosity that we're surrounded with. Here's what we've received this week...

4 loaves of tsoureki
30 eggs
5 heads of marouli (romaine lettuce)
a bottle of homemade white wine

How's that for genorosity? All of this came from 5 different families.
Since tomorrow is Easter, my in-laws are going to be arriving with even more goodies. I'm sure that there's another tsoureki on its way and hopefully, a karythopita!

Have a fantastic weekend and KALO PASCHA!!

11 comments:

  1. Cheryl, Kali Anastasi and have a wonderful Easter with the Prime Minister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Happy Easter to you and yours and Happy Birthday to Foti! What nice neighbors and what a great loot! I love all the pictures, your garden looks awesome. Lilacs are so beautiful and smell even better. Is your husband signing autographs yet because I see a lucrative business opportunity here.
    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easte, Christos Anesti to you and your lovely family Cheryl. Kostas has a great sense of humor and I like this much. In the first time in TV, I had watched him. Unfortunately, not this time. All the very best to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've had a busy time since you're back - XRISTOS ANESTH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, Xristos Anesti! Thank you! The prime minister is now at the souvla! :)

    Angela, Thank you. yes, our garden is beautiful. It's like my own little paradise. The lilac bush is even fuller now. The kids pick them and bring them to me all of the time. I'm not sure if Kosta is signing autographs yet, but he's definitely been recognized.

    Phivos,
    Thank you. Xristos Anesti! I wish you a Happy Easter also.


    Maria, Alithos Anesti! I'm so busy. My house is trashed. But, we're all healthy-that's the important thing, right? LOL! I hope that you have a fabulous Easter, can't wait to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great holiday. We spent ours at the in-laws, making them leave the comfort of Halkidiki and come to church downtown. But it is the only church I will set foot in so...

    Christos Anesti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl,
    I was able to capture the interview and have posted it on Youtube at Kosta on Greek TV enjoy. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you've gotten right back into the swing of things. We miss you already! It's so fun to see Kosta on TV! You're garden looks beautiful. Happy Birthday, Foti! L

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel, Alithos Anesti!
    We went to a different church this year, it was much more quiet and also much more enjoyable.


    Belpana...THANK YOU! I just posted it. You're so wonderful!

    2Bears...yes! I've hopped right in and have had so much going. I miss you guys already too! I'm going to feel sorry for myself again...I'm so alone here. Not totally, but you know what I mean. It was so nice to spend time with you. I want to go back for more of that cake!
    Oh, and thank you! Foti had a great birthday. We have to figure out when we'll have a party for him since his lands right in the middle of the holy week...and next week is May 1st, another holiday. But, we have to have one for him. It won't be the same without all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the close up picture of the lilac, that was among the first bushes that I planted in our yard when we bought our house. Their smell and beauty always announce spring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belpana, I love the lilacs too. The two bushes that we have are in a strange place and Kosta has mentioned taking them out, but I won't let him because they're so mature and we have so many when in bloom...if only they lasted a week longer:)

    ReplyDelete