Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Well I was going to update my blog with all of the great things that have been happening here until I was interrupted by Iza running in the house crying.

Here's the story.....

The people in this complex are all pretty much screwed in the head. Each day since we've been here we have been careful to not get involved with anyone aside from cordial greetings as we pass one another. Unfortunately, my daughter has become friends with the granddaughter (GD) of one of the craziest families here. We always watch the children play as we just don't want anything to happen, just in case. (The granddaughter usually comes for the weekend). This last Sunday, GD was at our door waiting for my kids to come out. When we opened the door, she had a bag with toys for the kids. She gave Iza a doll, it was brand new with tags and everything. Iza loves this doll and plays with it a lot.

Here's where it gets weird...

Iza was playing with other kids in the complex and having a great time. GD has been gone since Sunday so she's not here. Grandmother walks through the yard and sees the doll on the grass and takes it from my daughter and goes upstairs to her condo and closes the door. WTF? Iza comes in the house crying telling me that GM took her doll. I said, "honey I thought GD was gone." Oh, by the way, GM and GD have the same name, this is Greece after all. We refer to them as " the big one" or " the little one." When Iza said, " the BIG one" I just couldn't believe it. So Kosta went upstairs to knock on the door and ask what the heck happened. The witch said that the doll was her GD's and it was her favorite doll (BS) and that Iza couldn't play with it unless she was playing with her GD. Oh and also that she should take better care of it. Are you kidding me? You are going to play your freaking' mind games with MY child?
We got the doll back and Iza was very happy, but still a little shaken by the incident. The other kids that were playing with Iza were shaken as well and one even went home crying. Her father came out and yelled at the witch. It doesn't make a difference, she won't change. We will just have to make sure that GD doesn't play with our daughter. I really feel sorry for the poor girl.

Aside from that our lives have been good. I will have to post our good news later as I'm still sizzling!

2 comments:

  1. Geez, I can't believe someone would do that to a child. The responsible, normal adult response should have been to come to you or your husband about it, rather than snatch it away.
    Poor Iza!

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's worse, her poor GD. What I can't stand is the fact that she pretends that she loves children. Anyone that would do that to a child is just plain mean. The doll was a gift from her daughter and GD. I verified it today during a civil conversation with her daughter. What's worse is that she told the man who yelled at her in defense of his daughter that he should be ashamed that he raised a daughter that lies and he should be ashamed. She had the nerve to say that! Anyway, the word is C-R-A-Z-Y...just plain crazy. We can't wait to leave here. It's just insane. We drove by our house the other day and it seems so serene. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete