Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Six Random Things

There's no better way to get back online than with a meme. Mimi tagged me for this meme a few weeks ago and I've finally got a minute to do it...that's because it's something like 1:30 am and the kids are sleeping. So here we go...

The rules-

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


My Six Random Things-

1. I usually don't sleep through the night. I sleep in intervals. I usually fall asleep with the kids and wake up one or two hours later to take care of things that I wanted to do before I fell asleep with them. I'd say that there are about 2 days a week that I actually sleep through the night. That's why I'm doing this meme in the middle of the night. I'm so glad that school is over-hopefully I'll get to "sleep in" this morning!

2. I am the second of six children.

3. I am one of 70-something grandchildren from my Father's side of the family. I have probably met about 30-something of my cousins. We're spread out throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico...and now Europe. I'll have to sit down and figure it out some time. And yes, my Grandmother is still alive and kicking! She's in her late 90's. I can only hope for such a long life.

4. I gave up caffeine when I was pregnant with Izabella. I used to drink about 4 cups of coffee a day before that, I love coffee. I've been through caffeine withdrawal twice in my life and never want to go through it again. Since moving here, I've started to drink coffee again...and little by little I think that I'm working back to caffeine dependency.

5. I was almost kicked out of a Cher concert because I used the men's room. The line for the ladies room was out of control-like it always is at concerts- and I was with men so I chose the faster route. Girls...what the heck are you doing in there that takes so long? Yeesh!

6. I knew my husband a little less than a month before I married him. It's been 18 years...


I'm tagging-

Kat, Ado, Christie, Mel, Lulu and Linda. Linda has already beat me to the punch though...she has a list of 100 things about herself. So, Linda, I guess that I'm not really tagging you... but if you have 6 more things to add- knock yourself out!

5 comments:

  1. Saw this post almost at the same time as I got your comment! I'll see what I can come up with. :-)

    Caffeine withdrawal can be really a pain. These days I drink so little caffeine that it's only a small problem if I skip it. On the other hand, I make sure I do drink one or two cups of cofffee or tea each day, because if I go completely off caffeine, and then accidentally have a cup of coffee, I feel really sick for like a whole day. So I keep myself inoculated, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do let me know what brats and canoli are - i can not even imagine!
    in the summer, i naturally stop drinking so much coffee, but int eh winter, i drink up to three cups a day - never frappe, not instant wither, usually percolated coffee. i can't stop myself - so i dont bother to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget that you had only known each other for such a short time before you got married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never drank much coffee until I met my husband - and now I have to have coffee or I just can't function. Leave it to Greece to bring back your addiction!

    As to your husband, when you know, you know, doesn't matter if it is a month or a year or ten. I knew right away I'd marry my husband, we got married a year after we met, which technically was only about three months spent together.

    I've done the six random things before, I think, but I'll see if I can come up with six more random things. I'm not very interesting so it is kinda hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu-I know how it feels. I was almost completely caffeine free for five years. If I had caffeine, I'd be on fire for hours! I used to pride myself by ingesting my caffeine through chocolate! Then, I'd feel sick for a while.

    Maria-Brats or bratwurst are German sausages...a staple in Wisconsin. There are very few bbqs in the summer without them. I found a great link for you....
    http://www.bratwurstpages.com/brats.html
    Cannolis(i spelled wrong the 1st time) are an Italian pastry...stuffed with cream. I looked up cannoli in Milwaukee and found that our cannoli man is on MySpace...how cool is that?
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=4146240

    And, as for coffee-the 1st time I dropped it was for a weight loss program...the 2nd for the pregnancies. I don't think that I'll drop it again.


    Pumpkin...I know. I sometimes forget too. But, when you know...you know...You know? Kisses to you!


    Mel-I know how husbands can influence habits. I didn't smoke until I met my husband. I only smoked socially for about 5 years of my life...and dropped it because it made me sick. Bleck! And coffee is his fault too! :)

    About when you know you've found the right person it's magical isn't it? Although your wedding wasn't as quick as mine...you went against the "norm" and that's fantastic. I can't wait to meet you guys in person!
    We have to do it before summer is over! It's a must. :)

    ReplyDelete