Tuesday, March 6, 2007























I love my new camera! I took these pictures at the Mitchell Park Domes yesterday. We went with one of Izabella's classmates and her mom. We had a nice time. I like to take the kids there at least once per season, especially in the winter, because it is so beautiful and warm in there. Note, the word WARM. I think that I have finally had my fill of winter. I usually enjoy winter, but this year it just seems to be lasting forever. Snow, snow and yet more snow. The bright side is that it is March and soon spring will be here. I just can't wait to see people break out their shorts went the temperature reaches 50! I just don't get it....

Anyway, we have found out that the house in Greece is a side by side but our neighbors would only be there for about 1 month every summer. I can deal with that. I am a little hesitant though because my mother-in-law says that there really aren't any closets. The house is about 22 years old and back then homes in Greece weren't built with many closets. I never understood that. Everyone has to have a place for their "stuff". Outside of that, I do think that the house is beautiful. We really want to have a house before we move as it will take 2 months for our container to arrive. Buying a home is always so emotionally exhausting and it is moreso when you are trying to do it from overseas.


Yesterday I tried an old recipe that my mom gave me. It is a recipe for Arroz con Pollo that she said that she got from a newspaper back in the 70's. Apparently it is Rita Moreno's recipe. I wasn't happy with how it turned out because the rice was too gooey and I added too much salt. The recipe calls for chicken broth and I am assuming that because I wasn't thinking, I added more salt than needed not taking into consideration that the broth was already salty. Well, it was only my first shot. I will try it again in a few weeks. Maybe next time I can share the recipe, that is if I have enough time to type it in. Ciao for now!





3 comments:

  1. nice photos. i think i'm going to start looking at cameras. (we went to the public museum yesterday and played in the WARM butterfly room).

    please share the recipe -- i've been on the search for a good arroz con pollo recipe and haven't found one i like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I am so glad that we have these warm places to escape to!
    I will share the recipe soon!

    My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel XT..........and it is so cool. I've had my eye on it since the kids' baptism because it is the same camera that the photographer used. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love the recipe too! Thanks so much for the encouragement on my blog...I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

    Your babies are gorgeous (I have a 6 month old, too:)

    ReplyDelete