Friday, October 30, 2009

Two days of Random Photos

This post has been inspired by a childhood friend of mine. I was lucky enough to talk to her for the first time in probably 5 years earlier tonight. She had mentioned how exciting and interesting my life seems. I thanked her and thought, yes...my life is a little less ordinary...I suppose. At least it's nothing like the life that I left behind, the life that everyone back home is so familiar with. I've left the cul-de-sac of my childhood and now I live at the end of a dirt road with a view of the Aegean Sea and Mt. Olympus. As a child, I wouldn't have imagined I'd end up living in Greece or even in Europe, for that matter.  So, after I finished my conversation with her I started to upload photos that were taken within the last two days. Here are some random photos that I've chosen to share with everyone. This is what I see, what I've done or where I've been...this is part of my everyday life. It's interesting to others and I realize that I'm fortunate. Thank you for the inspiration Lisa. 





A boat full of men dressed in camouflage.



Alexandra & Foti posing at the base of a tower.



Kosta, Foti & Izabella


Boats docked at the marina.


Izabella posing for the camera.


An outdoor cafe, empty because it was extremely windy.


Alexandra having fun at a playground.




The front of a taverna.


Myself with Alexandra


The sunset- from our balcony  on Wednesday night.


Mt. Olympus- from our balcony at sunset on Wednesday night. 



A herd of sheep passes in front of our house early Thursday morning.  


Have a nice weekend...






12 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful pictures and people! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Phivos!
    Thank you...
    Wishing you a great day and a fantastic weekend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's clearly a good and happy life with a wonderful family. You are truly blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful memories, cheryl
    mt olympus looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie,
    Thank you...I think you're right & I'm thankful for everything and I'm so glad that I can share it with friends like you!! Have a beautiful weekend.:)

    Maria,

    Indeed, wonderful memories. Like you, I hope that our kids enjoy all of the love put into creating lasting memories.
    Mt. Olympus is stunning & so amazingly stunning during the winter months. I would have never imagined I'd be looking at it every day!

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo! and Happy Halloween.

    What lovely photos of you and your family, and such a view for sunsets. You are doubly blessed!! Had to giggle seeing the one of sheep cruising by. In our village, you can practically set your watch in sheep passing "hours."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, soothing pics. In comparison to TO, you're having great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biddy,

    Thank you & Happy Halloween to you. Do you get a lot of trick or treaters in your neighborhood?
    Yes, we're lucky...I love our view. I can feel so horrible and walk over to the window and I'm soothed.
    The sheep don't pass everyday here and when they do it's mostly in the winter when the fields are bare. I'm glad that they don't walk by every day because they're messy! :)


    Peter,

    Our weather has been great, I won't complain. It was gorgeous on Wednesday when we took the photos. Today, however, I feel like I could be in Toronto! It's 50F and windy. Cold for us. Have a Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Halloween Cheryl. Hope you have a great time with your family today. I'd love to live somewhere with a view like yours and sheep passing infront of my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivy,

    Thank you! We had a great day & celebrated the holiday to its fullest!
    Living out here is wonderful-I it's more than I expected. I wish that everyone could experience the tranquility that we enjoy whether it be here or a place of their own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always adore looking at your pictures. After Summer vacations my husband and I always say "could you imagine us living here?" After looking at all of your pictures and hearing your stories, I am convinced that I am MEANT to live in Greece. Until that time....I am vicariously living there through your snapshots.

    PS - I especially love the picture of you with your daughter and your hair blowing in the wind. It's got a very "Jackie O" vibe to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn,
    Thank you. We used to ask ourselves the same question. I'm glad that you enjoy my photos-live through them-that's why I share them!
    Thank you for the compliment about the photo of Alexandra & I.
    I can dig a Jackie O. !

    ReplyDelete