Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snow in April





Though it is rare, sometimes it snows in April. The snow was suppose to begin at around midnight but it didn't. Here it started to snow at about 10:30 am. Since then it has been coming down non-stop. I think it is beautiful but at the same time I am just anxious for spring to start. If you look closely at the photo on the left you can see that the green buds on the tree are covered in snow. All of the tulips and daffodils that have already bloomed are covered in snow. Let's just hope that it doesn't take too long for this snow to melt! We have got to get the house painted!


Speaking of painting the house, the painters started last Monday. That would be April 2ND. They washed and scraped the house. As it has been so cold they haven't been back, except for yesterday. I was surprised when they showed up because it wasn't much warmer than it has been for a week. Anyway, they started to paint the top front of the house. What's funny is that the green that I picked for the trim looks ridiculous. The swatch and the actual paint don't match at all. So, if any of my neighbors got scared, don't worry. I will choose a different color. The cedar siding will be "latte" and the aluminum siding will remain yellow. I may just choose a dark green for the trim , again. If anyone has any input or ideas, please let me know. I have a few days to choose a new color for the trim. I was thinking burgundy, eggplant purple or chocolate brown for the trim.

(My mom just called. She left here at around 2:30pm and she just arrived at her home, it is 4:00pm. The drive from here to Kenosha is normally 40 minutes. )

I need to log off for now as I have to start dinner. Tonight I am making lemon-chicken. It is another one of my favorite Greek staples. The kids like it too. After I make it I will share the recipe. As I rarely cook by using exact measurements I will estimate the measurements while I cook today.

No comments:

Post a Comment