Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thursday Sunset




Last Thursday heavy clouds loomed above and it seemed as if it was going to rain all day- but luckily it didn't - the rain held out until later that night. The day seemed pretty damp and dreary-not particularly enjoyable nor was it overly uncomfortable.  After having been in the car almost all day I couldn't wait to get home.  As I drove toward the sea I noticed spectacular colors and stopped to take a few photos. 
Off on a secluded corner of the beach I could see one man fishing. The water was calm, the beach was clean. He turned to look at me a few times. I know that I probably interrupted his concentration as I took some shots. I felt like walking on my tiptoes, since I'd disrupted the rhythm of the sea  faintly lapping the shoreline. 
After about five minutes I packed my camera away and got into the car, I could still see the man. He watched  intently as I drove away, probably thankful that he would have the last few minutes of the sunset to himself.  



Know where to find the sunrise and sunset times and note how the sky looks at those times, at least once. 
~Marilyn vos Savant~ 




15 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos.A soon dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna Maria, have a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ΟΜΟΡΦΕΣ ΣΤΙΓΜΕΣ ΑΠΟΤΥΠΩΜΕΝΕΣ ..ΜΠΡΑΒΟ CHERYL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    Hope you and your crew are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Υπέροχες και πολύ ρομαντικές οι φωτογραφίες σου !!
    Καλό βράδυ
    Μάγδα

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful shots by a great and well experienced photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ LENA...Ευχαριστώ Λένα! Καλό Σαββατοκύριακο! :):)

    @ Syd...Thank you. We are well, I've been a bit overwhelmed and distracted- but things are ok. The kids are growing to be amazing little people and keep me busy. I hope all is well with you & R. How's Gina?
    I love hearing from you. Take care & have a nice weekend. :)


    @ magda...Ευχαριστώ Μάγδα ... είναι ρομαντική, δεν σκεφτήκαμe - ωραία! Καλό Σαββατοκύριακο :)

    @ Phivos... Thank you so much my wonderful, wonderful friend. Have a nice weekend. Hugs from all of us...xoxo :)


    @ Ola...thank you so much Ola. I hope that you have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that your distractions are all real life, meaningful things.

    There's no way to ease into saying this - we had to say goodbye to Geena last week. Her kidneys failed very suddenly - which was good. She was so well, up until she wasn't well. The weather was mild the week before (unusual in January) and we had several very long walks - her favorite thing.

    I'm bereft, of course. I always knew it would be bad. She was 16 - but I'd hoped we'd have a few more years.

    But the world keeps turning - and offers pretty sunsets and other wonderful things to keep us from getting lost.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sunsets in greece are like no-where else in the world....and you've captured this so beautifully.

    also love the marilyn vos savant quote - i will try to remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Syd...I'm so sorry to hear about Geena. I can only imagine how you feel right now- please accept my sympathies, I know how much you loved her.
    It's very sad news, very sad because when I think of you I think of Geena and all of the stories you used to tell about her. But the stories will live on. She was a very lucky dog to spend so many years with you...and happy too. xo


    @ Amanda...Thank you for the compliment and I agree with you, sunsets in Greece are incredible. About the quote, I do really try to enjoy a sunset or sunrise whenever I can. I love those times. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quote at the end gives me pause... in my crazy life at present do I know where in my neighborhood I'd go to watch a sunset? My goal this week - to answer that question!
    Toma

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Toma...I do hope you can take a moment to enjoy a lovely sunset. It's so nice to hear from you. Have a nice week and a great month! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be a wonderful experience to witness such a phenomenon. I mean where in this busy world do you find a peaceful seashore with no one to disturb your own presence! The man is lucky, and so are you Cheryl because you too were there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Bhavesh...it really is. I try to enjoy these quiet spaces as much as possible. I do believe I'm lucky- and I love to share my experiences with all of you.
    Have a wonderful weekend Bhavesh!
    :)

    ReplyDelete