Monday, February 19, 2007

Here I am!

It has been almost 2 weeks since I started this blog and I have only 3 posts thus far. What can I say? I am a busy woman! Our family is just finishing over a week of fevers, sore throats and misery. Ízabella has missed a few days of school and now Foti is suffering from this virus. I had it for about 4 days. I can't tell you when the last time that I had a fever was...before this. It was, needless to say, a difficult and tiring week.


There were several wonderful things that happened amid our virus though. First, my husband brought me 1 dozen peach roses last Monday, just because. Next came Valentine's day and my wonderful bag of Ghiradelli chocolate. Finally, my husband and I kind of celebrated our golden wedding anniversary this past Saturday. I say "kind of" because we didn't get to actually go out and celebrate since we were all sick. We celebrated in spirit and laughter. We just laughed about how much has changed since our wedding 17 years ago. We were so young and no one thought that we would last. I noted that who would have ever guessed that we would have 3 beautiful children at this point? I also laughed about how pathetically overweight we both are. We have got to exercise! Oh, and my wonderful husband bought me the dream camera that I have been eyeing for about 2 years! I can't wait to get the PC set up so I can download the pictures! It is a Canon EOS and it is fabulous! Thank you Kosta!


I had to take Iza to a birthday party for one of her classmates on Saturday. It was her first invitation from a classmate, she was really excited. She wore her black "party" shoes and little red jumper. I think that since it was at the tail end of her sickness it lifted her spirit a little. She had a good time.
Here is a picture of us 7 years ago! We were in Greece for 1 month. We renewed our vows that year as it was out 10th anniversary. I love this picture.

Speaking of Greece, the cat is out of it's bag! Kosta told his company that he will be leaving this summer so that we may raise our family in his "mother land". He had a great week with that because it could have gone worse. So, we are really going everyone. I know that a lot of people had their doubts but they can rest their little minds now, it is official. We will move this summer. I will probably use this blog to document the process of relocating. I think that might be fun and interesting for everyone. The adventure begins!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl
    Great to read your blog. Seeing the photo of Kostas and you took me back to Drama and fond memories of Papandreou street, coffee mornings at Xenia and your wonderful chocolate brownies...And now you a mother of three!How time flies...I'm now visiting universities with my son George for September and it seems like only yesterday that we were chasing him around the Xenia gardens!
    Keep on writing
    With love
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl
    Great to read your blog. Seeing the photo of Kostas and you took me back to Drama and fond memories of Papandreou street, coffee mornings at Xenia and your wonderful chocolate brownies...And now you a mother of three!How time flies...I'm now visiting universities with my son George for September and it seems like only yesterday that we were chasing him around the Xenia gardens!
    Keep on writing
    With love
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina,
    Those are wonderful memories! I loved walking Papandreou with you and the boys! We had a good time, I hope to visit you once I am living in Europe. Or, you can visit us! It won't be so far to travel. I loved that time of my life!

    Love,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete