Friday, February 15, 2008

Holy Mantis!

Yesterday, I was in the yard and I started to pull some old lilies out of the flower bed. A little while later I was going into the house when I noticed something brown on the front of my coat. I thought that it was a stick or something so as I was ready to brush it off -oh crap-it's a praying mantis! I'm sure that this little guy really meant no harm but he really scared the hell out of me. I slowly took off my coat and tried to shake him off, but he was just stuck to it. So I ended up dropping my coat on the porch. The mantis is actually on the inside of my coat in the photo. I finally gathered up enough strength to take it over by the bushes and shake some more and he fell off. Can't wait to see my first snake...

2 comments:

  1. That's very cool picture. It almost looks unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I know, it almost seemed unreal when it was looking up at me! I was amazed when it turned its head and looked at me. Freaky little things! I went to do some yard work yesterday and I was a little more cautious, I didn't want to meet him again. :)

    ReplyDelete